Tuesday 21 April 2009

hacked

I woke up on Saturday morning to find that my password wasn't working. having had this happen to me before, i ran to wow-europe and reset my password and got into my account to find that my beloved Zal was wearing her season 2 pvp gear and Lola had half holy half prot gear. Gold gone, a lot of gear gone.

But not all.You see, you can't sell tier pieces. So I still had my 4 pieces of valorous and heroes hands, plus my 4 pieces of T6, pvp gear and badge trinkets , plus old badge gear from 2.4.So I could put together some semblance of decent gear. Full T7 ain't that bad, and I still had Egg of Mortal Essence ( which procs off Fel Armor ticks and is therefore warlock viable) and Sundial of the Exiled- so that took care of trinkets.But I lacked a belt, shoes, rings, back, neck, bracers and a weapon.And this is where previous work paid off.
Exalted with Argent crusade = ring
Exalted with Ebon Blade= belt
Exalted with Wyrmrest Accord= shoes.

Now I was missing a back, weapon. wand and one ring. A quick shuffle through my sadly bare bank found my old pvp neck- Gladiator's pendant of conquest and fused nethergon ring. AH provided a blue back and wand , and I bought that horrible caster sword from Kirin Tor.

But I still missed bracers. Happily, my guildie Kaizen had won the BOE cloth bracers from the first boss in Ulduar and was willing to let me have them- and be paid for them within a week.So there I am, having amassed a measly 2300 SP, 22% something crit and very little damn hit ( but lots of haste) with fel armor and demonic knowledge.

My boyfriend lent me 400 gold and I proceeded to do some dailies, after which we pugged a fast Naxx 10, when i got Charmed Cierge the horrible candleholder looking staff.getting there slowly, right?
Aside from my gold and gear on Zal, Lola had lost quite a bit of stuff, but still had enough to amass 1913 spellpower. For some reason i think I logged in as they were stripping her- as she still had her mace, healing pants, boots, help and belt. However she had lost her healing shoulders ( still has T7 tanking shoulders) and healing gloves ( still has ret and prot T7) and the healing chest from OS 25, not to mention the Voice of Reason shield, the tanking shield, her tanking sword, her collection of dps weapons, etc.
Gherghina my 66 moonkin on a different server was completely naked, but I was missing my second warlock- Ahera clocking in at 77.
Argh.All of this happened Saturday morning. I put a ticket through immediately, and on Sunday morning a very friendly GM returned me my 77 lock, and promised they will be able to restore all the lost gear, money and mats. But he didn't tell me when :(

No comments:

Post a Comment